Saturday, October 25, 2008

Thematic Photographic 21 - Happy Part 2

This week over at Written the Thematic Photo prompt is Happy. I wanted to share a few more of my happy photos with you.

Our Son Dylan was Born Oct. 26, 2004. He was born premature at a weight of 4 Pds. 2 oz 18 1/2 in. long. He was born small but healthy. Being that he was so healthy he was able to stay in the room with me and his dad (dad stayed the whole time in the hospital with us) Dylan didn't have to go to the NICU (the ward for babies we aren't healthy). When I was released from the hospital Dylan got to come home with us being he was healthy. We had a strict feeding schedule to follow to make him gain weight and get him to continue to be healthy. Each dr. visit the dr was more and more excited with Dylan's progress we were actually able to cut back the feeding schedule a little (at first he was feed every hour on the hour and if he refused to eat you had to make him eat and if the first feeding schedule took an hour you started with the next feeding). At Dylan's last dr. visit he weighed 7 pds. We were looking forward to our first Christmas with Dylan, we were so excited. We said that weren't going to go crazy on buying toys because he really didn't understand, well that was a lie we went shopping and boy did we spend. Sadly to say our Dylan passed away unexpectedly to SIDS (Sudden Infant Death) on Dec. 6, 2004. Tomorrow (Oct. 26) he would have turned 4. You ask how is this considered a happy post, because we have a lot to be happy for. We got to spend 3 precious months with our Dylan and we wouldn't trade that for the world. We have a photo album that is filled from cover to cover with photos (thankfully I'm a photo freak). Yeah we wish he was here with us, there isn't a day that goes by that we don't think of him or miss him. But we have to remember the happy times not the sad. Please, we ask that this weekend you give your children, grandchildren, or just that special child in your life an extra hug and tell them you love them. If they don't live near by pick up the phone and call them. And give them an extra squeeze from me.


This photo was taken 3 days prior to Dylan passing. He wouldn't open his eyes at all for the pictures, he napped the whole time. We are very happy to have these photos.


This photo makes me laugh. It never failed every time I went to change Dylan he would pee on me. I never did get a chance to master this task. On this particular occassion "Dad" was rather quick to snap a photo, he found it funny every time it happened.
Yes I will admit Dylan looks very uncomfortable in the basket but I couldn't resist myself. He wasn't in there long at all I only took 2 photos (honestly). The basket was a babyshower gift from a girl at work, she sewn the fabric onto the wicker basket.
This is our little man getting chunky. He was doing so well!
This is my favorite picture. Look at that smirk on his face, would love to know what was going through that little head of his. We had to keep him bundled up to keep him warm being he was so tiny. I love this photo.
Thank you for letting me share our Dylan with you. It's our way of celebrating his birthday.

8 comments:

Not Afraid to Use It said...

What a beautiful story! I am so glad you shared these photos and that they bring you so much joy. I am glad you will be celebrating your little guy on the 26th. We will be thinking of all of you.

And, thank you for stopping by my place, too.

~j said...

these are beautiful memories..thank you for sharing them.

Forgetfulone said...

You have such a positive attitude. Dylan was and is beautiful. He is touching lives even now. That is something to be thankful for.

ღ=]♥Kaylaღ=]♥ said...

If i could drive,i would drive to your house just to hug you!!!
I love you soo much sis!!

*Hugs*
Kayla

Melanie H said...

Chrissy, Dylan is such a cutie.
I have tears in my eyes when I read your post, cherish those memories and he is always in your hearts.

tommie said...

This brought tears to my eyes....thank you for sharing this.

Diane said...

Chrissy,TFS your beautiful story and pics of your little Dylan!!!
I was never able to have children and that hurts tremendously,but to go through what you and your husband have gone through is worse!
I hope one day you will be able to have another child,it sounds like you have so much to give.
Enjoy your treasured memories!!!

Robin said...

Dylan was a beautiful baby and your love for him comes through in every word and photo. I'm sorry he isn't here with you on his birthday.

Happy birthday to your sweet angel.